Maple Bacon Baked Brie Melt
1 small double cream brie (200 g)
6 slices bacon
1/8 cup pecans
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon maple syrup
Garlic crostini or crackers of your choice, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- To partially cook the bacon, place on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally. Do not let the bacon get too crispy! Cool slightly.
- In a food processor, combine the pecans and brown sugar and pulse until it is crumbly.
- Cover the brie with the bacon in any preferred pattern. (I chose a braided weave). Cover the bacon with the sugar nut mixture in an even layer.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes, on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, or a oven-safe baking dish.
- Meanwhile, microwave the syrup for 20 seconds.
- When the brie is ready, drizzle with warm syrup and pierce with a knife. The brie should ooze out. Serve with garlic crostini or crackers. Enjoy while its hot!
Take the brie out of the fridge a half hour before beginning the recipe for a better result.
Check out more of these delicious recipes at www.thegarlicpad.com